PROJEK HIJAU LESTARI
(SUSTAINABLE GREEN PROJECT)
Sustainable Green Project is part of educational program for primary school students. The projects were conducted at selected schools in Negeri Sembilan. The hands-on program had benefited all (environment, economy and social aspects) which it started at small scale then it continuously practiced in their Science Club, Environmental Club and Social Club. The teachers took the opportunity to widespread the knowledge of conserving the environment by adopting and implementing the project during the co-curriculum session.
- To reduce food waste to landfill, To recycle food waste as soil enhancer/fertilizer for agriculture & horticulture activities.
- To inspire many peoples to involve in conserving the environment via food waste composting, as
- Food waste can be treated and turned into compost.
- Food waste compost has commercial value, abundant supply of food waste and high demand of finished product.
- It creates a good relationship between environments, communities and health.
What they did ?
- They were briefed about environment conservation, waste management, pollution, diseases, food waste composting etc.
- The related clubs like Science Club or Environmental Club members were taught on how to manage the project and to carryout the food waste composting in detail.
- The main activities: slide presentation, hands on demonstration and bonushijau e-learning were frequently done to ensure the club members understood and champion the project. Later the club members inspired the others to join them conserving the environment.
- They were introduced to Bio-Organic Garden activities where they applied the owned produced compost onto their plants, shrubs and ornamental at the designated gardening area. This is to prove that their food waste at school canteen can be converted into something beneficial which can grow plants healthily.
- They sell the owned produced compost to teachers and parents
List of School involved in Sustainable Green Program
- SMK SEREMBAN 2, SEREMBAN
- SMK SEREMBAN JAYA, SEREMBAN
- SMK DATO' SHEIKH AHMAD
- SMK TUNKU AMPUAN NAJIHAH, SEREMBAN
- SK SEREMBAN 2A, SEREMBAN
- SK SEREMBAN 2B, SEREMBAN
- SK PUTERI, SEREMBAN
- SK SENAWANG, SEREMBAN
- SK TAMAN RASAH JAYA, SEREMBAN
- SK WAWASAN, SEREMBAN
- SK AMPANGAN, SEREMBAN
- SK TEMIANG , SEREMBAN
- SK SRI KELANA, SEREMBAN
- SK TAMAN DUSUN NYIOR, SEREMBAN
- SJK(T) LORONG JAWA
- SK RAHANG
For further picture click here